United Airlines Launch Buy-On-Board Menu14/05/2021
United Airlines have launch a new buy-on-board menu on all flights over 1,500 miles and hub-to-hub flights over 800 miles or more than two hours.
Starting from June 1, customers will be able to purchase offerings from the Buy-on-Board menu including beer, wine, for-purchase snacks and premium cabin meal options.
Items can be purchased using United’s new mobile wallet technology. Once in flight, customers can access a menu to view available items either on the United app and in Hemispheres.
Rather than handing the flight attendant a credit card, the flight attendant will ask for the customer’s name and seat to confirm the card on file. Once confirmed, customers will receive their products and the card on file will be charged accordingly.
“We know that having a wide variety of gourmet food and beverage options is important to our customers and we look forward to introducing these exciting, new options to enhance their flying experience,” said Toby Enqvist, chief customer officer for United.
“Our new contactless payment technology enables us to safely introduce this new menu on select flights as we continue to see more customer return to flying.”
United Airlines Buy-on-Board Beverage Menu
United’s revamped adult beverage menu features a number of options sourced locally from United’s hubs, along with customer favorites from iconic brands. The new menu includes:
- White Claw Mango
- Breckenridge Brewery Juice Drop Hazy IPA
- Kona Brewing Co. Big Wave Golden Ale
- Michelob ULTRA
- Stella Artois
- Red, white and sparkling wine options
United Airlines Snack Boxes
United’s new snack boxes offer three distinct experiences for travellers of all ages and tastes:
- Tapas Box: Hummus, bruschetta, breadstick crackers, flatbread crackers, sea salt almonds, olives, dark chocolate sea salt caramel
- Takeoff Box: Salami, apricots, gouda cheese spread, white cheddar cheese spread, multigrain crackers, cream crackers, smoked almonds, Toblerone
- Recline Box: Pirate’s Booty white cheddar puffs, honey mustard pretzels, gummi bears, OREO cookies
United Airlines A la Carte Menu Options
In addition to the popular Pringles Classic potato chips, United is adding three new a la carte snacks to its menu to give customers a larger variety of options.
They include high-protein and gluten-free options, and the revamped menu includes:
- Trü Frü Banana Bites: hyper-dried bananas covered in dark chocolate
- Food Should Taste Good Chips & Salsa Box: gluten-free, sweet potato “tortilla” chips with roasted pepper salsa
- GourmetNut Mega Omega Trail Mix: snack mix with walnuts, dried mango, almonds, cranberries, pumpkin seeds
United Airlines Domestic Premium Cabin Menu
United is also introducing brand-new meal offerings to customers seated in domestic premium cabins on flights over 1,500 miles and hub-to-hub flights over 800 miles.
The enhanced meal service includes a choice of entrees – including fresher options like egg scramble with plant-based chorizo and grilled chicken breast with orzo and lemon basil pesto – sides and dessert.
United has also partnered with Eli’s Cheesecake to create a uniquely United chocolate pie flavor called “Pie in the Sky.”
The meals are served on one tray, with items individually wrapped, to limit person-to-person contact and further the safety of our employees and customers.